Moving to a new place always has it's challenges. In the many times throughout my life that I've moved to new locations, I've found myself struggling with the common challenge of looking back on what I loved in the prior location vs finding new things to love in my current location. Everything's better in hindsight, eh!
Over the years, though, I've discovered three necessary actions that have helped me to develop a love for my current location.
1) Run its streets
2) Visit its nearest temple
3) Hike its trails
There is an abundance of goodness and beauty in this world! And we can't love the 'world' we live in unless we are experiencing this beauty and goodness first hand! Maybe the three things I've listed above that help me to recognize all that is right and good in the world won't help you. But that's where you can personalize it! You know what makes you smile, awakens your soul, and heals your heart. Don't sit around wishing for a place or situation that is no longer at your disposal. It's not the only place that can bring you peace and joy! Go! Explore what is before you, and discover new founts of peace and joy right where you are!
Very true. Sounds similar to finding joy in the journey.
ReplyDelete