When my husband and I first met, we talked about how awesome it would be if we lived in Alaska and had our own business! Well, in the spring of 2019, one year after getting married, we quit our jobs, sold anything that didn't fit into the 15 passenger van we'd bought, and drove up to Alaska! This blog tells the story of all the ups and downs we've had along the way, and how God's hand has been in it all!
Thursday, August 6, 2015
You're Single?!...Yes, Yes I Am
I always find it flattering when people are surprised that I am still single, but it never quite makes up for the fact that I am still single! However, if no one ever commented on the fact that I was single, and all my friends both older and younger stopped sending me their wedding announcements, I'd probably be perfectly content being single; at least for a couple more years that is...hehe ;-) I mean, I've got the single life down! I love the freedom, I love the social life, I love the lack of responsibility, and I love the fewer expenses. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable being single is the unnecessary pressure I get from everyone around me to improve my situation through one singular way, marriage. I know that they are only seeking my best interest. I mean, how could I not be happier if I were married to the man I loved? But see, that's the key..."the man I love." What makes people think that just because I'm single I should want to date any single man they know?! Being single does not make me a 'one size fits all'! Just because I've passed the average marrying age for an LDS female does not mean that I'm desperate, and willing to date anyone with facial hair and a deep voice! As much as it may appear that I am not making any progress, I really do have this whole marriage thing under control. I do associate with single men. I do go on dates, and I do have specific qualities that I am looking for. Just because it's taking me a little longer than may be expected doesn't mean that you need to send out the the support team to drag me in! I've got this, and I'm enjoying the journey, so just let me go at my own pace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment